Professor profile for Robb Wilson

Have you taken a course taught by Robb Wilson?
Contribute to UTLife by writing a Review!

Student reviews of Robb Wilson

Review from a student who took CH 153K
I was an engineering taking this course and have to say that this class is not as bad as people make it out to be. I did not get an A in the class, but I did not find it to be the worst thing in the world. Yes it was time consuming and required me to stay up late in order to finish the laboratory report. He is very strict on grades and will not round for whatever reason unless your TA fights for you. However, that is a very rare occasion so if you end up with a 92.99999999999 then you are stuck with an A-. Just stay on top of your report and don't wait until the last minute to write it. Chip away at it by completing small sections at a time and it won't be as painful as staying up till 3am and rushing to finish it the next morning. If highly recommend you take this course your last semester as that is the usual norm for this class. If you can't devote much time to it and want to not care about a course, since it is 1 hour, then leave this to the end. I say not care about a course because that is how I felt for this when I was in my final semester. Took this course during the long session and cannot speak on how the course is structured differently during the summer session. You must submit 6 labs for grading with the option of completing a 7th lab to replace your lowest lab grade. Each lab report is worth 10% while a total of 3 error analyses, 5% each, must be completed for the 6 submitted reports. There is a formal report that you must write for one of your 6 lab reports that you have completed an error analysis for. This will be worth 15% of your grade. Advice: complete the rough draft of formal report and turn that in for a free grade the week before the formal report is due. It helped me discover how they are grading and allowed me to boost my grade for when I submitted this officially. There is a homework assignment, worth 5%, in the beginning on how to complete an error analysis and how to find legitimate sources. There is a personal essay, 1 page, and a conference with Wilson on what you want to do with your life. This is a very interesting assignment that you can have fun with and is worth 5%. Safe assign is used in this course and will require you submit them properly and within the time frame. WARNING: Depending on how good your TAs are in communicating, if you forget to turn in your safe assign on blackboard then it is 10 pts off everyday. Read the deadlines on blackboard and complete this accordingly.

Grades given in courses taught by Robb Wilson

When teaching CH 301

grade: a b c d f drops
percentage: 41% 13% 20% 11% 9% 5%

  All professors who have taught CH 301

When teaching CH 153K

grade: a b c d f drops
percentage: 9% 53% 29% 1% 6% 3%

  All professors who have taught CH 153K

When teaching CH 154K

grade: a b c d f drops
percentage: 26% 35% 29% 0% 9% 0%

  All professors who have taught CH 154K

Rating Summary:

Personality: 4.00
Grading Fairness: 3.00
Lecture Quality: 3.00
Overall: 3.00

Related Professors

Vladimir Mastryukov
Ruth Shear
Stacy Converse Sparks
Angela Belcher
Diane Kneeland
Sharon Niezgoda
Ruth Mckay
John White
Raymond Davis
John Stanton

Related Searches

Robb Wilson
11% safeassign
9% safeassign