Professor profile for Gary Keith

Have you taken a course taught by Gary Keith?
Contribute to UTLife by writing a Review!

Student reviews of Gary Keith

Review from a student who took GOV320L
Keith lectures well. His grading policy is pretty easy. Two midterms and one final..that is NOT comprehensive. they are all 50 multiple choice questions..and they add up to 90% of the grade. the rest of the 10% is from some writing component that's about 2 paragraphs long. oh yeah, he allows 10 absences.
Review from a student who took GOV306L
Keith has awesome lectures. If you take good notes then you don't have to read the textbook. The way he explains certain aspects of government through insider stories is interesteing.
Review from a student who took GOV 310L
This was just about the best experience I've had in a government class. Keith has a great lecture style; I was rarely bored with what he presented to us in class. The tests were 50 multiple choice questions, and none of the tests were cumulative. It was more of a relaxed atomsphere than most other lecture classes I've taken. The TAs took attendance (yes, even though there were over 200 people in the class), but you have 10 or so absences to work with. If you take good notes, doing the readings is a breeze. For the most part, I just read the book a few days before the tests and made great scores on the tests because I had retained a lot of what I learned in the lectures. Keith has an interesting point of view and a lot of thoughtful ideas to share. I'd definitely recommend him for 310L.
Review from a student who took GOV 320k
I really enjoyed this class. If you plan to attend law school, then this class would be worthwhile. If not, the class is still worthwhile because Dr. Keith's lectures, course readings, etc. are all interesting and helpful. After completing the class, I had a renewed interest in constitutional law. Often, you only hear portions of poltiical debates between democrats and repubilcans over various consitutional rights. However, you rarely get a chance to recieve a cursory overivew of the Constitution and its historical context. I believe Dr. Keith did an excellent job with this. Furthermore, I really enjoyed thinking about consitutional development and how it relates to today's politics. I would definitely recommnend this class.

Grades given in courses taught by Gary Keith

When teaching GOV 310L

grade: a b c d f drops
percentage: 9% 39% 29% 11% 8% 4%

  All professors who have taught GOV 310L

When teaching GOV 320K

grade: a b c d f drops
percentage: 30% 42% 12% 9% 6% 1%

  All professors who have taught GOV 320K

When teaching GOV 320N

grade: a b c d f drops
percentage: 25% 42% 22% 6% 4% 2%

  All professors who have taught GOV 320N

When teaching GOV 335N

grade: a b c d f drops
percentage: 35% 50% 4% 2% 6% 2%

  All professors who have taught GOV 335N

Rating Summary:

Personality: 4.50
Grading Fairness: 4.25
Lecture Quality: 4.25
Overall: 4.25

Related Professors

Alan Sager
Jeremy Teigen
Jonathan Chaus
Seth Mckee
Jill Strube
Odysseas Christou
Shaun Gilligan
Michael Unger
Scott Garrison
Andrew Karch

Related Searches

Gary Keith ut